We call on the Federal Council to remember Switzerland's proven humanitarian tradition towards people who have fled Tibet. This tradition made it possible to take in XNUMX Tibetans in the XNUMX's.
Thank you for signing the petition!
Over 2500 people have already signed on paper and online: Can we do 3000 - or more? I did it!
Watch the videos for handing over the petition here:
Watch the speeches of the representatives of the Tibet organizations here
See the handover of the petition here
See Fabian Molina's speech here
See Thinlay Chukki's thanks to Fabian Molina here
They and their compatriots, who number about XNUMX today, are among the best-integrated former refugees in Switzerland! Who does not know a Tibetan in his or her circle of friends and acquaintances? They work, for example, as nursing professionals, doctors, lawyers, bank and insurance specialists, SBB customer advisors, gastronomic entrepreneurs, logistics specialists, heads of social welfare offices, watchmakers, painters, plumbers, artists, teachers, coaching and supervision specialists, cantonal councilors, municipal councilors, infrastructure managers etc.
- For one For a comparable chance, we call on the Federal Council to find a humane and compassionate viable solution for the approximately XNUMX Tibetan Sans Papiers in collaboration with the Tibetan organizations and other civil society actors in the form of a pragmatic humanitarian gesture. on, with all parties involved in a pragmatic way humanitarian gesture together with the Tibet organizations and other actors in the civil society human and social win-win solution for the approx. 250 Tibetan sans papiers to find.
The Swiss asylum law was revised two years ago with much shorter processes. Under the old law, the asylum applications of more than XNUMX Tibetan asylum seekers were rejected based on the controversial “Lingua-Analysis” and as they could not provide identity documents from their country-of-origin Tibet, which is occupied by the Communist People's Republic of China. Today, about XNUMX of these so-called Tibetan "Sans Papiers" are still living in Switzerland under humanly untenable conditions without any basic rights.
- Repatriation to China excludes Switzerland. The rejected Tibetans are assumed to be getting by India or Nepal : These countries do not recognize the UN Refugee Convention and Nepal, recently even signed one Extradition treaty with the communist regime in China ! Returns to India or Nepal are practically impossible.
- Hardship applications from rejected Tibetan asylum seekers are treated highly restrictively and regularly rejectedby the SEM despite fulfilling requirements of integration. mostly rejected SEM constantly demands new proof of identity, which can hardly be obtained.
- Mostly young Tibetan refugees, some with small children, living without a perspective of a self-financed life in asylum shelters spread across Switzerland.
- The Switzerland has to finance these people's basic survival through daily allowances, accommodation costs and social assistance, although they are quite capable of and willing to work and earn their own livelihood. finance these people a barely survival, although they do would be willing and willing to work for a living and take care of yourself.
- Many strive despite immense legal barriers Despite immense legal barriers, many try to integrate in Switzerland through sponsorship networks, Tibetan aid initiatives and the activities of Tibetan organizations, to learn a national language, to engage in voluntary work in the society etc. They are often prevented from doing so and even punished with fines or imprisonment! to be integrated in Switzerland to learn a national language, to get involved in volunteer work in our society. Often they are prevented from doing so and even punished with fines or even prison!
Petition sheet German alternatively.
French petition sheet alternatively.
Petition sheet in English alternatively.
Tibetan petition form alternatively.
Please also see the film by Heidi Schmid & Christian Labhart!
Visit the Site of the Tibetan Sans Papiers Communitywho played a key role in the production of the film. About the film: The only thing we have is our voice Password: sanspapiers
Screening at the 56th Solothurn Film Festival from January 20.01.2021th, 27.01.2021 to January XNUMXth, XNUMX. https://www.solothurnerfilmtage.ch/de/solothurn-2021/programm/das-einzige-was-wir-haben-ist-unsere-stimme