About 300 Tibetan refugees with a negative asylum decision live in Switzerland as so-called Sans-Papiers. They receive emergency aid and live in emergency accommodation. A hardship application after five years is the only possibility for most of them to get a residence permit.
With the project "Sponsorship for rejected Tibetan refugees" we would like to provide integration assistance for Tibetan refugees by matching them with sponsors. This enables them to improve their German language skills, receive help with everyday issues and thus actively participate in life in Switzerland. It also increases the chances of success when applying for a hardship case, as well as after receiving a permit, and when taking advantage of professional opportunities.
Project promoters and members of the project group:
- Tibetan Sans-Papiers Community TSPG
(Nangsel Wanhkhong, Tsomo Khangtoe, Jens Burow) tibetansanspapiers.ch
- Swiss-Tibetan Friendship Association STFA
(Karin Gaiser) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tibetan women's organization in Switzerland TFOS
(Yeshi H.) tfos.online
Find out more about this in the following documents
- Patennetz framework conditions
- Flyer Patennetz
- Guide for coordinators of the cantonal groups of Tibetan Sans-Papiers in Switzerland
- Possible activities within the framework of the sponsorship network
Article in tibetfocus
- Article in tibetfocus magazine 158: On the legalization of the Tibetan sans-papiers on hardship applications and disclosure
- Article in tibetfocus magazine 157: Never give up!
- Article in tibetfocus magazine 156: Solution approaches for Tibetan sans-papiers as a topic for a bachelor thesis
- Article in tibetfocus magazine 155: A life between hope and despair
- Article in tibetfocus magazine 154: Portrait - Sonam P. between Tibet and Wallisellen
- Article in tibetfocus magazine 153: Hope for the Tibetan Sans-Papiers?
- Article in tibetfocus-Magazin 152: Lived Solidarity in Glarnerland
- Article in the tibetfocus magazine 151: Sponsors talk about their experiences
- Article in tibetfocus magazine 150: I can't go back and I'm not allowed to stay here either
- Article in tibetfocus magazine 149: Now something has to be done at the national level!
- Article in tibetfocus magazine 140: The Tibetan Sans-Papiers community in Switzerland and their new project
- List of courses and contact options for refugees
- 09.09.2020: The Bern canton parliament sets standards for rejected asylum seekers